• Over 20 years of project, people and technical management experience with Fortune 500 companies.
• Innovative leader adept at building teams with the ability to think creatively and design profitable organizational and technical changes.
• Experience ranges from technical hands-on work to building and managing on-site, out-sourced and offshore engineering teams. Strong business and technical vision. Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus. Work with clients through all stages of strategy, organization, and operations redesign projects.
• Work cross functionally with different departments such as Business, Marketing, Development, Documentation, “Quality Assurance”, “Customer Support”, Deployment and Clients.
• Appraise executive management and work with Client to define Requirements. Cost Estimating, Procurement, Strategic Planning and Execution. Communicate with Clients to evolve the product roadmap and delivery milestones. Project planning, tracking, resource balancing and identifying critical paths.
• Strong teamwork and team management skills. Hire talented people and establish dynamic teams.
• Mentor junior team members to grow into exceptional contributors by setting good example of hands-on work and also encouraging them to take additional responsibilities. Give team members ownership in evolving the architecture and project management.
• Effective problem-solving skills required to resolve project issues and challenges in a timely manner.
• Flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs of the department and business.
• Effectively manage and work with Off-shore development to develop/maintain/test software.
• Extensive experience of Contract management and purchasing process in HealthCare.
• Extensive experience of Claims Processing in Automotive Industry.
• Extensive experience of B2B/B2C in Retail.
• Extensive experience of Commission payment in Telecom.
• Extensive experience of Payment processing and Smart Dispute in Banking.
• MS Computer Science Brunel University, UK
• BS Cybernetics and Control Engineering University Of Reading, UK
• Completed course on Microsoft .Net technology.
• Completed course on Oracle Application Server.
• Completed course on Java Workshop at Apple.
• Completed i2 Marketplace Technical Implementation training.
• Certified Pega Senior Systems Architect
• Agile – Scrum and Extreme
• Six Sigma
• Earned Value Management
• Project Management: PM Methodologies, Process Improvement, Integration, Communication Management, Risk Management, Scope Management, MS Project, MS Office, Six Sigma
• Development Methodologies: Waterfall Model, RUP, and Agile Methodologies such as Extreme Programming
• Language: C, C++, VB, ADO, Java, J2EE, JDBC, Perl, HTML
• Database/ETL/Report: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Informatica, Business Objects
• Application Server: IIS, Apache Tomcat, IBM Websphere, BEA Weblogic
• EAI: TIBCO iProcess/WorkBench/EMS, WebMethods, Axway, EDI, BPMS, BAM, BCP and High Availability
• Dev Environment: IntelliJ, JBuilder, MS Visual Studio 6, VS, Eclipse, WSAD, RUP, Rose/UML/Visio
• Domain: SOA, Web Services, MDM, PDM, HTTP, XML/SOAP/XSL/DOM
• O/S: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Solaris
Enterprise Application Integration Experience:
• EAI, TIBCO Suite, i2, SAP Integration, and WebMethods EDI (850 - PurchaseOrder, 855 - PurchaseOrderResponse, 856 – ShipNotice, 810 – Invoice.).
• Blue Martini CRM, B2B and B2C solution.
• Fujitsu i-Flow workflow solution for managing dynamic business processes.
• TIBCO iProcess together with TIBCO “Business Works” (BW) for BPMS.
• Pega PRPC, Pega SmartDispute, Pega Project Methodology,
EMC, San Louis, MI
July 2012 to Current
Pega Senior Systems Architect
Client – MasterCard – Pega SmartDispute
The purpose of the engagement is to assess the current state of Pega SmartDispute from a usability standpoint to validate these challenges, develop concepts and flows for improvement against industry best practices, and map those improvements to cost savings while developing a comprehensive roadmap for execution.
• I met MasterCard Customers (Banks) to understand the “current state”.
• I proposed “future state” based on the “customer findings”, “best practices and concepts”, new customers and future products.
• I did a “gap analysis” and developed a comprehensive roadmap for execution.
We used Pega SmartDispute 5.4 SP3.
Howard Systems International, San Jose, CA
July 2011 to June 2012
Pega Senior Systems Architect
Client – BankofAmerica – CCMS April Mandate 2012
This project is based upon a Smart Dispute implementation which positions BOFA to take handling of online customer disputes in-house. This claim functionality will be providing critical services to their online customers. This project implements mandated changes required by VISA, MC and Business. The project is time critical and has to go live by specific timeframe.
• I was part of the Bofa Smart Dispute core team for April Mandate 2012 project from Inception to Post-Production.
• I was responsible for delivering the HLD-LLD combined design document.
• I worked with the offshore team to create UI flow scenarios and PowerPoint presentations for the Business.
• I was responsible for the new VISA X509 Certificate implementation.
• I was responsible for VISA RTSI VROL implementation and was the SME for all VROL. I imported VISA RTSI xsd and WSDL files in PRPC and made SOAP Connector calls over HTTPS.
• I managed offshore team and setup daily meetings to finalize the task list for the day.
• I managed software deployment on WAS with 5 teams worldwide.
• I worked on the post-production defects.
• I was recognized multiple times by upper management for the VROL delivery success.
• I mentored other people at Bofa on X509 Certificate and VROL.
We used Pega SmartDispute 5.4 SP3. I used PRPC to create test VROL calls. I used SoapUI and XMLSpy extensively to validate the VROL SOAP calls.
Cordys Inc., San Jose, CA
Nov 2007 to March 2010
Director of SaaS Initiatives/ Integration Architect
• I had direct responsibility for suite of software services and products. I completed major customer accounts by providing SaaS based web solution and infrastructure software. Software services included extensive BPM. SOA, Web2.0 functionality. The SaaS solution provided for our customers included H&R Block, Shaw, Lockheed Martin. All the software was developed in JAVA.
• Lockheed Martin project is a PDM project for the standardization of catalog information. It included Data Management (ETL, Informatica, Data integration, CDI/Customer Hub architecture, Data Warehousing and Data Quality).
• H&R Block AskTaxAdvisor is workflow enabled for routing Tax questions to the appropriate Advisor. It allows customer to interact with the Advisor by IM, desktop sharing and VOIP.
• Shaw Communications MDM project integrates Data from two service centers.
• I did extensive travel to work with Top 10 clients – understand their infrastructure, current requirement and strategic direction.
• I proposed solution and architecture to meet their requirement. I worked with development team to design and deliver the solution.
• I focused with Customer and Tax Advisors to discover, understand and document business requirements and to align program and project outcomes to business objectives and strategy. I created the MRD and SOW documents. I presented to the Customer multiple scenarios of deliverables and got signoff on SOW.
• With the team, I created the “project plan” and a “proof of concept” and got customer and management buy-in. I proactively addressed project cost, resources, interdependencies, acceptance criteria, issues, risks, action items and project plans of the projects related to the program.
• I tracked the project and provided data and fact driven management updates.
• I regularly met engineering architects and lead brainstorming JAD sessions in resolving key bottlenecks and in reaching optimal technical solutions.
• I worked with external Data Center vendor to deploy the hardware and resolve anomalies.
• I delighted the customer by delivering tax software services to the market within six months from conception to market within budget. The usability and quality of deliverable exceeded customer expectations.
ADP Claims Division-(acquired by Audatex), San Ramon, CA
Aug 2005 to Aug 2007
Senior Manager / Architect
Audatex-ADP is global provider of claims solution in the insurance/claims industry.
I managed three groups:
Security – Provides authentication, authorization, SSL, application security, Load Balancing and Server Affinity for Audatex Claims/Estimating/Audit/Reports enterprise application.
Components – Provide components to be used by different teams.
• Understand business requirements and existing data to design ETL Architecture
• Involved in project cycle plan for the data warehouse, source data analysis, data extraction process, transformation and loading strategies
• Prepare high level and design documents to support development
• Develop ETL code, transformation logic and source to target mappings using Informatica
• Migration of mappings from development to production staging to production environment
• Code validation of the mappings migrated to production environment
• Update mappings and scripts with necessary environment changes
• Document the validation rules, error handling and test strategy for the mapping
• Monitor workflows and collect performance data to maximize the session performance
• Analysis of various source systems and design and development of ETL specifications
• Developed data mart for a source system & created and scheduled DTS packages to run the stored procedures
• Proficient in warehouse designs based on Ralph Kimball (Bottom-Up) and Bill Inmon (Top-Down) methodologies
• In a relatively short period, I took over these Infrastructure Applications and made them stable by stressing on quality. I always met the deliverable dates.
• I identified the issues, prioritized/approved the work plans, designed and conducted analysis, synthesizing conclusions, and helped to implement the recommended change.
• I coordinated with marketing, business operations, development and deployment teams. Components were built using SOA with both .Net and Java.
• I managed both, an on-site team of 16 people and off-site team of 25 people. I led by example and empowered team members to become exceptional contributors.
• I encouraged open communication in both technical and non-technical matters and drove consensus but not to the point of indecision. I adapt quickly to change and wear different hats as needed for the success of project/Client.
Help-U-Design Software, Inc., San Jose, CA
May 2003 to Jul 2005
Director of Technology / Senior Architect
Help-U-Design provides consulting services to companies in the bay area. We did consulting for companies including the Wells Fargo Bank, Gymboree, CyberCash, Dicarta, Cisco, County of Santa Clara, Adobe Systems, and “Cross-Worlds” Software, Inc. (an IBM subsidiary).
I did requirement analysis, cost/time and budget, project plan for the software projects. I successfully established an off-shore development team to develop, maintain and QA software.
Gymboree sells high-quality apparel and accessories for children through its online store (www.gymboree.com). It is an implementation of BlueMartini software. I was responsible for all aspects of the Gymboree e-Commerce web presence including store layout, page flow design, software architecture, as well as staging and deployment.
I interfaced with third party software in JAVA/J2EE on Weblogic platform. The Web pages were developed in JSP.
• cybercash for payments,
• Fulcrum for parametric and text search
• taxware for tax calculation
Wells Fargo Bank
I provided consulting on the adoption and definition of a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) strategy to optimize IT operations and achieve business agility.
I am responsible for defining and managing the technology strategy for Payment Services Division within Wells Fargo Bank.
• Next Generation Software Infrastructure.
o Validated the maturity of TIBCO BPM product suite, and its potential fit in the Wholesale environment.
o Acquired hands-on knowledge of TIBCO modeling tools and appreciation for model-driven process design and execution
o All the software was developed in JAVA using TIBCO BPM/ESB platform
• Next Generation Payment Services
o Understood the overall architecture and functionality of Clear2Pay Bank Payment Hub (BPH).
All the software was developed in JAVA on IBM Websphere platform and BPEL.using IBM Process Server.
Demonstrated multi-tool, multi-protocol, multi-scenario integrations with TIBCO/Lombardi/Clear2Pay Bank Payment Hub (BPH). Obtained independent input and validation by BearingPoint – TIBCO/Lombardi BPM platform, TIBCO vs. Axway (TIBCO as Wholesale integration platform; Axway for secure file transfer)
• Next Generation IT Hardware Infrastructure
o Infrastructure can be centrally managed with TIBCO; Cisco Infiniband with VFrame infrastructure provided I/O virtualization.
o Demonstrated system provisioning and fail-over (from a library of pre-defined images including both system and application software)
• Worked directly with executive management and business partners to execute and drive ambitious new business initiatives
• Lead the Business groups through Joint Application Development sessions to identify and define the core business functionality. Used Visio UML 2.0 to define and document the architecture.
I directed the requirement analysis, project plan, implementation and deployment of Contract Management Solution for a Hospital. I developed all the software on JAVA platform.
• I learned and documented Hospital contract business at a high level.
• I learned and collaborated in the documentation of IT services and processes for setup, loading, and updating contract data.
• I recognized business process improvements and decision support needs.
• I developed and documented solution requirements, to-be models, conceptual designs, etc. to identify feasible alternative solutions.
• I conducted research (RFIs, feasibility/cost studies) for new products and interfaces, requests for change to existing systems, or new application development. I documented alternative solutions in the form of project proposals.
• I facilitated stakeholder proposal evaluation and selection.
• I chartered project plans from selected proposals and collaborated with project planners to create a complete project plan (refine deliverables, scope, cost, etc.) that met the Hospital requirements and business objectives.
• From business models and solution requirements I developed user acceptance test scripts, and with QA unit on acceptance testing as needed.
• I obtained written acceptance and project closure from stakeholders.
• I communicate orally and in writing to Hospital IT staff and management.
• I represented hospital requirements in problem and change management, and on service level agreements and contractual issues.
• Worked with stakeholders to develop business success metrics.
Neoforma (acquired by GHX), Santa Clara, CA
Jan 2000 to Feb 2003
Lead / Manager
Neoforma is a leader in healthcare business-to-business e-commerce, delivering comprehensive information and e-commerce services for medical products, equipment, supplies and services to healthcare buyers and suppliers worldwide.
• I was responsible for multiple programs: Contract Management – Manage Contracts between a buying organization, a GPO and a selling organization. This included Contract Creation and Contract Collaboration. We had to comply with FDA regulations and process for purchasing and selling certain class of medicinal drugs.
• Item Master – A tool to help Buyers maintain and automate list of most commonly purchased products. All the updates for the ItemMaster data were in XML format. All the software was developed in JAVA/J2EE using Weblogic software infrastructure
• Reports – Buyers Reports, Seller Reports, Admin Reports, Trend Analysis, Contract Compliance.
• I used Informatica for Data Integration, and creation of Staging Database and Cubes/DataMarts.
• I used Business Objects for OLAP, multi-dimensional and drill down reports.
• I brought the strategic products (SOAP/Service based infrastructure using Java) from conception to market
• I was responsible for FDA regulation compliance through the B2B supply chain.
• I used TIBCO for enterprise messaging. I used WebMethods to translate the EDI documents to NeoXML format and vice versa.
• I effectively managed an off-shore development team to maintain and QA software. I had about 13 direct reports and a team of 50 people in India. I used Microsoft Project for project planning, tracking, “resource balancing” and identifying critical paths.
Blue Martini, San Mateo, CA
Mar 1999 to Dec 1999 (contract)
Blue Martini CRM applications automate sales and marketing processes to help companies sell more effectively.
• I led the analysis and design for Blue Martini Commerce Server to work effectively on Microsoft platform.
• I automated the deployment process and enabled Server Clustering that includes Replication and Load Balancing.
• I designed the Parametric/Text Search that is now an integral part of Blue Martini software suite.
• Acted as the chief technical liaison between the Server division and external Clients who had to integrate Blue Martini product with their existing Microsoft infrastructure.
• Software was developed in JAVA/J2EE using Weblogic software infrastructure
• Used Visio UML tool to define and document the architecture of the system.
Pacific Bell (acquired by AT&T), San Francisco, CA
Nov 98 to Feb 99 (contract)
• Led the requirement analysis of “Commission Payment” system for Sales Agent with the “data input” source being a COBOL based large legacy system.
• I refined parts of the Functional Specification working with the Client.
• After understanding the PacificBelI “Enterprise model”, I modeled the “Business Model” using UML with Rational Rose and made sure the “Business model” was compatible with the “Logical Database” model.
Fujitsu, San Jose, CA
Feb 1998 to Oct 1998 (contract)
• i-Flow is the leading workflow solution for managing dynamic business processes.
• Led analysis and design of Web based Personalization platform for Fujitsu products.
• Software was developed in JAVA using POJO. Personalization allows delivering targeted messages through personalized Web pages, e–mail, or channels.
• Led analysis and design of i-Flow interface to Microsoft Exchange Directory Service and Public Folders. This object was developed using Visual C++ 5.0, Win32 and NT4.0.
• Developed a utility to create Users/Groups on Remote Machines/Domain. My responsibilities included schema design on Oracle 8.0 database to store user/Client/flow information.
• Used “Net Perception” as a Recommendation Engine. Used Autonomy Knowledge Server and Search Agents.
Apple, Cupertino, CA
Dec 1996 to Jan 1998 (contract)
Windows Group Lead
• Lead a team of engineers in analysis, design and development of NCU (Newton Connection Utilities) application.
• NCU allows Newton hand-held computers (MessagePad2000/Emate) to import, export, backup, sync data with the desktop computer (PC/Windows, Macintosh) through serial, WinSock (TCP/IP), and IRDA.
• Used OOD/OOP/UML methodologies to architect NCU (Newton Connection Utilities) application.
• Prepared the schedules for the interim milestones and reviewed it with team members on a weekly basis. Worked with QA team to prioritize the bugs.
Samsung Corp, Santa Clara, CA
Jul 1995 to Nov 1996 (contract)
• I lead analysis and design of next generation client Network Printer software.
• Reviewed the existing project requirements. I was responsible for hiring two software engineers. Procured off-the-shelf software libraries to cut development time and money. I also outsourced some of the noncore development work.
OAZ Communications, Inc, Fremont, CA
Nov 1992 to Jul 1995
• I managed development of Client software. I established the procedure for software development process and standards.
• Developed the next generation Lotus cc:Fax Client software using Visual C++. I effectively managed an off-site development team to develop software.
STI (acquired by Novell), Cupertino, CA
Mar 1991 to Nov 1992
Senior Software Engineer
• Developed Quicken for Windows in a joint development effort with Intuit.
C.A.S (acquired by Snap-on, Inc), San Jose, CA
Jul 1989 to Oct 1990
Senior Software Engineer
• Developed an Automotive Diagnostic System. The vehicle information could be accessed either by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or by specifying the vehicle make, model, year, etc.
Ashton-Tate (acquired by Borland), San Jose, CA
Jan 1986 to Jun 1989
Member of Technical Staff
• Developed Word Processor under MS Windows in Object Oriented C.
• Designed and developed Virtual Memory Manager for dBase.
• Developed Full-Write Word Processor for Apple-Mac
• Member - Health Level Seven International
• Member – Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Global association for the project management profession.
• Co-Founder and Organizer - Software Entrepreneurs Forum (SEF)
• I started the Internet SIG at SEF. We had monthly seminars with renowned guest speakers. It was advertised in leading newspapers and magazines in the bay-area.
• Member – SiliconIndia
• Professional network for offshore development in India.
• Fellow – Institute of Diagnostic Engineers.