|KENNETH R. SISNEROS C: 661.***.****
***** ****** ***** *** #*** firstname.lastname@example.org
Valencia, CA 91381
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced in supervising employees in an organized and professional manner within a stressful environment.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
• Capable of interrupting laws and policies
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets, formulas, and pivot table), Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Power Point (all of MS office)
• Strong leadership skills and abilities
• Ability to think outside the box, to solve and understand complex problems
• Knowledge of employee tracking system (Taleo/Ultipro)
RECENT AND RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Human Resources Recruiter (Talent Acquisition, Training and Development Specialist)
Child Care Resource Center (Non-Profit) 08/2011 - Present
• Review, screen, evaluate and interview applicants and candidates for specific qualifications, licenses, certifications, education in order to provide low turnover and the best fit possible.
• Recruit for qualified candidates through corporate website, networking, staffing agencies (approved recruiters) , job fairs, college websites and other recruiting sources.
• Designed and implemented performance evaluations system for an organization of 500 employees.
• Design, plan, organize and direct new hire orientation and trainings for employees.
• Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
• Helped develop and implement a talent tracking system (Ultipro) companywide.
• Networked with colleges in order to target educational programs that increased our applicant pool
• Negotiated contacts / offers for new hires (employees), current employees, staffing agencies and government entities.
• Great understanding of state and federal laws and regulations.
• Served as a point of contact (POC) for applicants applying to the organization throughout the screening and negotiating process.
Reason for leaving: Company is unstable, with possibilities of downsizing.
Human Resources Intern (Contractor)
Kraft Foods / Portland Bakery (Kelly Services) 03/2011 – 7/2011
• Revamped the employee handbook in a manageable and understandable way, allowing supervisors to easily locate information in a timely manner.
• Tracked and imputed family medical leave into the internal network in SAP.
• Provided training to new employees and assisted them in the on boarding process.
• Responsible for informing employees about their benefits and assisting them with any necessary changes.
• Responsible for knowing and understanding both state (OR & WA) and federal laws, to help provide assistance to employees/clients.
• Assisted in putting together an internal website to inform and educate workers on their pay, benefits, and rights as a Kraft employee.
• Conduct in person and phone interviews, to find the appropriate candidate to fit and fill open positions.
Human Resources Manager of Customer Service Section (Payroll, Benefits, Compensations and Training)
U.S. Marine Corps 06/2008 - 09/2009
• Supervised office work and employees in customer service, payroll, benefits, compensations, and recruiting ensuring that they adhere to a high level of quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures while correcting errors and problem solving.
• Skilled in management principles for strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Accomplished in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses in conflict situations in order to achieve alternative outcomes or approaches to problems.
• Mastered the skills of computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions enter data, and process information.
• Maintained and administered performance appraisals to my employees as well as taught other managers how to implement the Marine Corps Performance appraisal system.
Human Resources Assistant Manager (Customer Service Section)
U.S. Marine Corps 11/2007 - 06/2008
• Identified and understood situations among customers/clients, employees and managers to rationally work through them with a positive outcome.
• Knowledge of state (CA) and federal laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process within the organization.
• Communicated with individuals successfully in order to convey information effectively throughout the company.
• Managed diligent records of employees, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for termination.
• Supervised the employees in the payroll, customer service and benefits section of the Installation Personnel Administration Center.
• Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
Human Resources Payroll / Benefits (Customer Services Section)
U.S. Marine Corps 02/2007 - 11/2007
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Responsible for informing employees about their rights and benefits under the uniform code of military justice.
• Responsible for monitoring employee’s personal files and ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
• Input employees information into the Human Resource Database called MCTFS (Marine Corps Total Force System similar to Human Resource Information System or HRIS).
Human Resources Payroll/Benefits/Compensation (Deployment)
U.S. Marine Corps 01/2006 - 02/2007
• Informed deploying Marines about their benefits and compensation while on deployment overseas (training and development).
• Managed employee relations with clients who were located abroad in order to ensure timely and accurate payments.
• Kept records and managed clients paid time off and inputted the information into MCTFS.
• Kept track of performance appraisals and uploaded the information into the MCTFS.
• Designed, evaluated and modified benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements.
Human Resources Recruiter
U.S. Marine Corps 09/2005 - 01/2006
• Interviewed applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills.
• Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organizations.
• Screen and refer applicants to hiring personnel in the organization, making hiring recommendations when appropriate
• Conduct reference and background checks on applicants.
• Provided hiring managers with information pertaining to which candidates fit open positions.
• Participated in 10 Career fairs throughout the Southern California area in order to recruit potential candidates.
• Full cycle recruiting, including cold calling applicants, walk-in’s, assessing their skills, evaluating them,
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Villanova University (Hybrid Program), Villanova PA 05/2012
Masters of Science in Human Resources Development
Professional in Human Resources (SHRM) 01/2012
Portland State University, Portland OR 06/2011
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration Human Resources
Food Industry Management Certificate
• Society for Human Resource Management
• Portland Human Resource Management Association
• Portland State Univ. Food Industry Leadership Center
• Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
• Disabled American Veterans
• Portland State Veterans Association
Similar ResumesHealthcare IT Professional
Marietta, GA - etl, analyst, medical billing, sql, ssrs, pharmacy,...Sales Business Manager Management Los Angeles
Redondo Beach, CA - examples, case manager, composite, recruitment,...Development Director Consultant Marketing Executive
Conneautville, PA - match, development director, tutors,...Customer Service Sales Experience Representative
Santa Ana, CA - track record, telecommute, key skills,...Los Angeles Clinical Management Services Quality Assurance
Santa Barbara, CA - nurse, therapist, psychiatric, vitae,...Call Ready Take
New York, NY - call, ready, york, ny, new york, take, new, us,...Manager Customer Service Store Marketing Software
Ventura, CA - store manager, banquet, controller, curriculum,...Customer Service Assistant Manager Los Angeles
Corona, CA - orthodontic assistant, patient coordinator,...Sales Experience Management Equipment Business
Oxnard, CA - gas, warehouse, fire, pharmaceutical, salesman,...Human Resources Sales Management Manager Business
Los Angeles, CA - hr director, philip, sphr, state university, plc,...