The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and execute Market Research (Qualitative and Quantitative studies), including Vendor Selection and Management, Focus Group Coordination, Questionnaire and Sample Development.
This role is responsible for market intelligence gathering and insight generation, including data analysis, database inquiries, research design and analysis, agriculture trends analysis, and marketing department support and analytics.
This role serves as an internal resource for analysis, answers, and recommendations to tactical and strategic business issues across the company collaborating with all levels of management to understand the intent, shape the questions/analysis, and deliver specific answers consistent with consulting versus just reporting data.
The position plays a critical role in development of comprehensive market (crop and product) analysis, consulting with brand and crop managers, as well as senior marketing management in development of 5 year strategic plans, and evaluation of viability or efficacy of strategic initiatives. This person will proactively in discovery of opportunities through research and analysis, translating disparate information into cogent analysis and actionable recommendations to drive the business forward.
Custom Market Research:
• set appropriate business strategy objectives for studies
• formulate research methodology and sampling
• vendor selection and management
• design study and questionnaire
• analyze results
• develop recommendations/conclusions and present results to various internal clients, including executive management.
• manage crop protection, seed treatment, horticulture, export-import databases
• analyze database information, collaborating with brand and crop managers, including crop, product, indication, pest, and acreage analysis export-import AI analysis supporting both brand management and business development market and crop forecasting
• provide recommendations/conclusions present findings to appropriate audiences
• manage database vendors
• collaborate on crop and brand initiatives crop team participation
• interface with and respond to global counterparts/initiatives
• create and deliver ad hoc analyses, reports, and presentations comprising company or other data sources as requested.
• monitor/analyze competitive and agriculture industry trends
• examine/analyze new industry developments – e.g. demographics, crop migration, new crops, agriculture future megatrends
• forecast crop planted/harvested acreage, product usage, ethanol developments, etc.
1. Bachelor degree in agriculture, agronomy, business administration or related field
2. 7+ years industry experience preferred, including market analysis and planning marketing research experience (agency or customer) preferred; master’s degree preferred
3. Excellent analytical skills, including data analytics and root cause analysis, experience with understanding and ability to communicate drivers familiar with modeling techniques and statistics (e.g. regression, cluster analysis, etc.)
4. Understanding of brand management processes and activities particularly related to performance management and monitoring
5. Capable of creating, leading, and managing analyses to completion and beyond
6. Project management skills as position will be responsible for multiple tasks/projects at the same time
Similar JobsMarket Research Manager
- horticulture, tactical, qualitative, analyze, crop,...Marketing Manager
Research Triangle Park, NC
- vero, literature, agriculture, crop, tactical,...Branch Manager
Baton Rouge, LA
- exempt, geography, rouge, baton, achieve,...Catering Sales Executive (NE) - Marriott Hotels (130009RS)
- catering, business administration, airport,...Business Development Manager
- purchaser, development manager, seed, patent,...Landscape Design & Outdoor Sales Representative
- foreman, horticulture, landscape, lighting, water,...Manager Global Quality Management
- horticulture, agronomy, agricultural, biology,...Project Manager
- logistics, purchasing, procurement, quantitative,...Logistics Manager
- housekeeping, trucking, truck, warehouse,...