Electrical Engineer 3 located in Midland, NC
ID # S-C450
The supervisor expects a typical work week to be 40 hours (day shift) and would not be expected to be on-call at this time (could change as business needs dictate).
General Description: Seeking an Electrical Engineer to support an equipment relocation project and conduct control systems testing. Candidate will provide subject matter expertise in engineering that improves product, process and/or equipment performance (cost, quality and service) and/or advances the innovation process to enable the delivery of new products. Provides solutions for increased process selects, increased material utilization, decreased costs, and improvement to product quality by planning, organizing and implementing projects. Is a leader in obtaining fundamental process understanding and meeting the lowest cost producer objectives. Designs and analyses first generation / next generation products, processes and/or equipment in support of a new product / technology introduction. Maintains knowledge of the latest developments in their area of expertise in order to identify and document any intellectual property developed as part of a project. This position will focus on providing electrical and controls expertise for the core engineering team.
A qualified candidate will be a problem solver who:
• Can identify and resolve hidden problems, and looks beyond the obvious (doesn’t stop at first answers)
• Uses statistical data analysis and Design of Experiment (DOE) in process problem solving
• Uses a systematic and rigorous approach to drive to root cause understanding of problems to assure validity of corrective actions
• Uses a variety of tools and resources to assist with problem solving activities (Subject Matter Experts, vendors, trades, operators, KT, DMAIC, experiments to test hypothesis, etc.)
• Can apply problem solving tools to a variety of different situations within and outside area of immediate expertise
• Has solid knowledge of control systems (Beckhoff TwinCAT) -- both theory and application
• Demonstrates expertise with electrical systems. Ability to diagnose problems with installed electrical system and ability to design new electrical systems.
• Is proficient with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access and Labview is a plus.
• Has a desire to learn plant manufacturing processes
Required Years Experience: 7 years electrical engineering in heavy manufacturing environment
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
• Learns quickly when facing new problems
• Experiments and will try anything to find solutions
• A relentless and versatile learner; open to change; is not intimidated by new experiences
• Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement
• Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
• Master’s in Electrical Engineering
• Green Belt certification
• Black belt (6 Sigma or Innovation) training
• Project and/or manufacturing financial management knowledge
• Knowledge of Innovation Stage-gate processes
Similar JobsElectrical Controls Tech III (S-C381)
- protocols, rf, autocad, calibration,...HIGHEST PAYING Electrical Engineer
- coating, pcb, battery, eco, matlab, robotic,...Application Support Engineer
- collabera, fx, essential, mortgage, informatica,...Power Electronics Design Engineer
Fort Wayne, IN
- pcb, emi, matlab, voltage, sensing, electronics,...