Position Code: PWR6099
Position Title: Controls Engineering Technician
Position Length: 24 months
Position Status: W-2
Position Location: Durham, NC
Our client is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health for people and their valued animals. Their purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives- adding both years to life, and life to years.
A minimum of an Associate’s degree with 7+ years as a PLC programmer
Code and debug programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
Develop electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical, communications and controls hardware for use in research or automated systems
Develop HMI software
Create electrical schematics necessary to support current commercial and developmental devices
Conduct schematic and electrical component design checking as part of a peer review quality test
Modify, install, and debug electrical components of automated equipment.
Suggest new concepts or products to improve present equipment that will correct recurring electrical problems and coordinate those prototypes with vendors.
Comprehend electrical code per regional regulations and/or requirements.
Operate 2D electrical schematic software as part of design process.
Perform specialized tests utilizing machine tools, equipment, or processes including numerical controls, instrument controls and devices, test equipment in the development of new concepts or products.
Initiate vendor contact and evaluate products to be incorporated into the equipment design • Perform in-house tests on initial prototype equipment in order to access design and function of equipment. • Contribute knowledge to the quality assurance programs and work with cross-functional teams on projects.
Maintain current Bill of Materials for complete electrical systems.
Evaluate and recommend control devices such as but not limited to PLC’s, operator interfaces, sensors and switches.
Effectively document work and provide accurate and timely reporting of tasks and projects using defined company reporting structure.
Similar JobsSpeech Language Pathologist/SLPA
- pathologist, slp, speech, assistant, temporary,...Project Manager - Avionics/Aerospace
- avionics, aerospace, head, monitors, sap, upper,...Mechanical Engineer
The Woodlands, TX
- cable assembly, uni, schematic, ethnic, coating,...Project Manager for Curam Software Implementation
- project controls, cio, begin, detailed,...Manager Clinical Quality Assurance
- pma, affairs, clinical research,...Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Durham, North Carolina - 338
- medical officer, chief medical, complaint, topics,...Quality Engineer Electronics Assemblies
- 9100, smt, asq, as9100, supplier quality,...Laboratory Tech
- lab technician, pfizer, pcr, elisa, animal, terms,...Private investigator associate/trainee
- investigator, trainee, justice, raleigh, camera,...Apriso FlexNet Developer- REMOTE- RTP, NC
- apriso, flexnet, mes, 5th, life cycle, durham,...