Our client is a leading global automotive supplier, offering solution in the body sealing, fuel, brake and emissions, thermal management and anti- vibration segments of the industry. Whether their customers need help solving a specific engineering challenge or developing systems for future vehicles, they are committed to meet their needs through: Integrated Solutions, Global Resources, Operational Excellence and their People.
This position is responsible for the designs, construction, delivery and launch of all new tools and equipment directly and indirectly related to the launch of new products within the plant. Plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve quality and efficiency of operations by supporting manufacturing personnel in any way needed. Maintains current tools and equipment in support of our manufacturing processes to support and assist the current production work cells to improve scrap and efficiency.
Must be capable of interfacing with both internal personnel and vendors on manufacturing techniques, tool component selection, assembly, troubleshooting and final documentation.
Directs the development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment for the plant.
Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or new tools and equipment
Provides leadership, technical assistance and training for engineering group(s) within the plant.
Lead the development of innovative tooling solutions taking design concepts from inception to launch.
Participate in the new product development process to ensure manufacturability.
Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
Directs integration of technical activities and products.
Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field with minimum of 5-8 years experience in the design, analysis and fabrication of tooling and equipment used in manufacturing assembly equipment; Minimum of 5 years related work experience in an automotive manufacturing involving rubber extrusion.
2) A strong team orientation, with excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
3) Solid knowledge of tooling design for plastic and rubber extrusions.
4) Proficiency in jig, fixture, die and mold design.
5) Strong background in automotive rubber and plastic processing and equipment relating to extrusion process, extruder, microwave curing, ballotini process, and hot air curing processes.
6) Thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques and practices.
7) Strong CAD experience, preferably w/AutoCAD 2000 or newer version (Other CAD experience a plus).
8) Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
9) PC literacy; to include MS Word, Excel, Projects and PowerPoint.
10) The ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or external sources.
14) The ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test of reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
15) The ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
16) The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
17) The ability to think on your feet through a variety of complex tasks and
18) The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
19) The ability to make important decisions that may affect the entire plant
Similar JobsManufacturing Associate
- die, semiconductor, day shift, hs, machine,...Tool & Die JourneyMan
- dies, cheryl, die, journeyman, molding,...Branch Manager
Baton Rouge, LA
- exempt, geography, rouge, baton, achieve,...