Sr. Project Engineer – Consumer Products - VA #2639 **Please forward a word format resume to Katrine
Location Richmond VA
Leading designer, marketer, and distributor of small household and commercial appliances seeking qualified Engineering candidates for a motorized team opportunity to work with some of the best product teams in our industry. Product teams are responsible for developing innovative products from ideation through to launch of the product.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Overall design, safety, reliability, and market competitiveness of motorized kitchen appliances in the household and commercial environments
• Application of existing, new, and emerging technologies in new product development, and towards the identification of a new innovative product concept
• Solving design problems, providing technical expertise, and developing product specifications, and solving product performance issues
• Managing multiple new product development projects against specific timelines
• Working directly with Asian suppliers
• Some travel to Asia and commercial customer sites
• BSME or BSEE is required; MBA is desired
• At least 5 years of applicable engineering experience successfully developing consumer and/or commercial food/beverage equipment
• Must possess strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles
• Must be experienced and knowledgeable with various manufacturing processes, plastic part design, metal stamping design, die-casting, assembly methods, and motor manufacturing
• Must have broad knowledge of Project Management Systems – Concerto experience is a plus
• 3D Parametric Modeling – SolidWorks experience is desirable
• Must have demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Must have demonstrated abilities as a self-starter along with proven accomplishments and strong problem solving abilities
• Experience working with Asian suppliers
• Must have demonstrated an above average ability to participate in a team environment
• Will have shown the ability to manage multiple projects at once
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. MBA Desired.
2. 10+ years of experience successfully developing consumer products or major appliances.
3. Experience with various manufacturing processes, plastic part design, metal stamping design, die-casting, and assembly methods.
4. Demonstrated history of new product development.
5. 3D Parametric Modeling – SolidWorks experience is desirable.
6. Must have broad knowledge of Project Management Systems – Concerto experience is a plus.
Similar JobsProject Engineer Consumer Products - VA #2640
Richmond, VA - project engineer, solidworks, plastic, 3d,...Project Engineer - Consumer Products - Richmond, VA #2640 (TK)
Richmond, VA - solidworks, executive staff, staff recruiters,...Sr. Project Engineer - Consumer Products - VA #1951
Richmond, VA - project engineer, solidworks, plastic, 3d,...SharePoint Architect / Developer
Richmond, VA - designer, sharepoint, administrator, collections,...Product Engineer
Orlando, FL - plastic, solidworks, metal, product engineer,...Product Design Engineer -Solidworks - NC #2699
Greensboro, NC - solidworks, 3d, assembly, molding, plastic,...Controls Engineer
Richmond, VA - controls engineer, packaging, plc, commissioning,...Sr. Contract CAD Designer (#3886-MH904)
Durham, NC - solidworks, designer, welding, 3d, cad, www, http,...Product Design Engineer-NC #2011
Greensboro, NC - solidworks, molding, design engineer, plastic,...Product Design Engineer-NC #2012
Greensboro, NC - solidworks, design engineer, molding, 3d, plastic,...